Photo created by freepik
How to prepare for your Microblading appointment?
Microblading? join us and discover everything you need to know to prepare for your microblading appointment.
• First of all 24 hours prior to your appointment, DO NOT DRINK ALCOHOL or CAFFEINE.
• 72 hours prior to your appointment, DO NOT TAKE ADVIL or other blood thinners such as Ibuprofen, Aspirin, Niacin or Vitamin E unless medically necessary.
• Botox should be done 2 weeks before or 2 weeks after the procedure.
• Avoid booking during your menstrual cycle as it can increase your pain.
• No waxing, tanning or tinting 3 days before.
• Arrive with no makeup for your appointment.
• Be prepared for your brows to look a little red and really dark! – don’t worry, they will fade in color 30-50%.
Therefore you are NOT a suitable candidate for this procedure if you are:
• History of Keloids or Hypertrophic scarring
• Diabetic (require doctor’s release)
• Chemotherapy (Ask your doctor)
• Viral infections and/or diseases
• Pacemaker or major heart problems
• Organ transplant
• Skin irritations or Psoriasis near the treated area (rashes, sunburn, acne, etc.)
• Sick (cold, flu, etc.)
• Accutane in the past year
• Heart conditions, Uncontrolled High Blood Pressure, Poor general health.
• Any treatment, medication, or illness that compromises the immune system / healing would make you NOT a good candidate for micropigmentation procedures.
How long does a microblading treatment take?
Microblading is a 2 step process, usually 6-8 weeks apart. It is important to complete both the initial procedure and touch up.
STEP 1: The initial procedure takes approximately 2 hours. During this time, a
consultation is done where we discuss your desired brow look, choose a colour tone and draw the initial outline of the procedure area for your approval. Though our faces are NOT perfectly symmetrical (one side is usually flatter than the other), we do our very best to create as much symmetry as possible! Once you are satisfied with the basic shape and symmetry, the area is then traced over and semi-permanent pigment is applied with a disposable microblading hand tool. This procedure uses a manual hand tool and not a machine.
STEP 2: The second stage of the treatment is a TOUCH-UP appointment. The touch up that takes approximately 1 hour and is included in your service. Touch ups are done no earlier than 4 weeks of your initial procedure and no later than 6 weeks. If you do not schedule your touchup within 6 weeks, you will be required to pay a touch up fee outlined in our touchup schedule.
It is IMPERATIVE you complete the touch up treatment. Without it, the results will not be optimal. Colour will fade significantly within 4 weeks as the skin heals, peels and fades. The touch up corrects any irregularities in the microbladed hair strokes, color tones and finishes the process.
**Occasionally a third touch up (4-6 weeks later) is necessary for certain clients where the pigment does not take as well to the skin.